CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Advocacy Begins At Home


I’m back, and I’m shaking like an autumn leaf in a windstorm. Shaking with excitement, that is.

This Friday evening was our elementary school Fall Family Festival, with booths, games, food, and prizes, and lots and lots of parents there with their children. What a perfect opportunity for the maiden voyage of the brilliant and eye-catching “it’s just different” T-shirt. I wore the brown long sleeve one, and plastered a smile on my face.

Wow, what a response. There were lots of sly stares out of corners of eyes coming my way. There were open glances. There was even a lady that came up to me and with intense feeling bubbling up in her told me how much she loved my shirt.

This was a great experience! Experiment number one was both a success and a learning experience. People looked at and absorbed the message. They were impacted by the bright and elegant design. I’m fairly certain that people who took note of my shirt will remember the words that “Down syndrome isn’t scary, it’s just different”!


www.cafepress.com/madisonsplace



0 comments: