CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Oh good, he's gone.

BAM! BAM! BAM! I ran to the front door holding Madison. Who on earth wanted me to answer the door so urgently? Don't they know I'm busy?

So I open the door to a strange sight. Five menacing looking-men, two on either side of the door, one on the lawn, one around the corner, one in the driveway...what in the world???

"We're the from sheriff's department looking for Mr. X. " Oh, I think to myself. They're looking for the sex offender that lives across the street. So I point to the famed house and tell them I haven't seen him in about 3 months. They cross the street and bang on that door. Sheesh, do these guys know about doorbells?

After an animated conversation with the woman who lives there-with plenty of grandkids who stay the weekends, I might add-the sheriffs leave. Hmmmm. I guess Mr. X didn't show up for his meeting with his parole officer. Maybe he went to Mexico. I'm just happy he's gone!

Hey, now we can play outside in the front yard again!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, what excitement! The most exciting thing that has happened to me lately has been shaving Lincolns and Bryans heads!
So what do you do through WAHM? I went on their website and found nothing I thought I could do. Any insight?

Nikki said...

Yeah, I can just imagine people going-she has a sex offender living across the street frome her? It's a nice neighborhood, too. Just goes to show you they lurk everywhere. Um, I'm not sure about WAHM? Is that a web site? Email me!And thanks for reading and commenting! How cool of you!